What Is NDIS Plan Management?
Registered Independent NDIS Plan Manager In Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, WA
Plan management is a type of disability service funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The overarching function of plan management is to assist and support NDIS participants to manage their NDIS plan funding.
Disability Plan management providers can purchase supports on behalf of participants from either registered or unregistered providers. A plan manager will receive funds from the NDIA and disburse funds on behalf of a participant to providers or other services accepted.
Plan management can support participants by:
- Managing and monitoring a participant’s budget.
- Managing a participant’s NDIS claims and disbursing funds to providers for services delivered.
- Providing regular statements to a participant to show the financial status of their plan including prompt notification of over or under utilisation.
- Offering increased choice and control to a participant over plan implementation and utilisation through additional plan financial assistance.
When you partner with My Care Plan Manager, the participant retains full control and choice. We merely act on your behalf. We provide thorough advice about how to best utilise their NDIS plan funding so that you are empowered every step of the way.
What Are The Benefits Of Having An NDIS Registered Plan Manager?
You deserve to partner with a plan manager who has your best interests at heart. Here are several reasons to partner with a plan manager.
- You have more freedom with how you use your NDIS funds.
- Protection from overspending on supports and services.
- Protects participant’s control of their own service providers.
- Ensure your plan is up to date with the most recent changes in the NDIS.
- Improved communication between care provider and the NDIS.
- Robust security processes in place to store and maintain participant information.
- Freedom to choose from any service provider which enable to participant to exercise greater choice and control over the supports and service they engage.
- Communicate with NDIS and service providers to resolve invoice queries.
Why Partner With Us As Your NDIS Plan Manager?
- We are instrumental in helping participants achieve their goals. Plan management providers should work collaboratively with a participant to understand the funds available within their plan and provide advice about how to draw funding to achieve their goals and outcomes.
- We guide you towards independence and self-reliance.
- As we are an impartial third-party, every participant can make informed decisions about their support arrangements.
- We demonstrate accountability and keep full records and evidence for auditing purposes.
- We uphold participant rights, and in line with their plan, enable a participant to exercise greater choice and control over the supports and services they engage.
- We are prompt with payments and carry out payments within 5 working days.
- We will ALWAYS uphold participant rights as consumers, and in line with their plan, enable a participant to exercise greater choice and control over the supports and services they engage.
- You will partner with a highly trusted registered NDIS disability service plan provider in Australia
What is Our NDIS Plan Management Process?
- Access service from service provider of your choice.
- Sign up to My Care Plan Manager.
- My Care Plan Manager receives invoices from the service provider.
- We validate and review invoices with NDIS price guide.
- Resolve any invoice related queries.
- We will claim invoices for payment via the NDIS portal.
- Pay invoices to service providers on your behalf.
- We will keep accurate records for auditing purpose and plan reviews.
- Provide monthly overview of plan expenditure and remaining balance.
How To Manage NDIS Funded Support?
Here are the three ways your funds can be managed:
- Plan management: This is when a participant chooses to use a plan management provider to assist a participant in managing their NDIS plan funds. Plan management providers can purchase supports on behalf of participants from either registered or unregistered providers.
- Agency management: This option is when a participant chooses to use the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to manage their NDIS funds. The NDIA will directly pay registered providers of relevant services on behalf of a participant.
- Self-managed: This is when a participant (or their plan nominee) manages their NDIS plan funds. The NDIS will reimburse a participant or their plan nominee directly for the NDIS supports received.
Yes this is your plan managers duty to warn you on overspend and under spend of your funds.
Please send invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf format.
- Talk to your current plan manager to cancel plan management service.
- Give written notice of revocation of your plan management services according to agreed period of ‘cancellation of services’ written in your service agreement to your existing plan manager.
- Ask your current plan manager to cancel all the service bookings and release funds immediately.
- Contact NDIS on 1800 800 100 and let them know you wish to change you current plan manager.
- Complete all required paperwork with your new plan manager who can assist you in the transition process.
- Once service booking cancelled and funds released, your new plan manager can take over your funds and be able to process invoices on your behalf.
To whom so ever it may concern,
I,__(Participant name)________NDIS participant, NDIS plan number_____________would like to request ______________plan manager’s company name_________to cancel all service bookings, pay outstanding invoices and release NDIS fund immediately effective from today ______Today’s Date________ as I no longer required plan management services from ____plan manager’s company name___.
I am aware that it will take ____ weeks to cease plan management service.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
- Changing to new plan manager will not cost you anything. So no cost to you.
- You plan funds will not be affected by this process.
- Your new plan manager will claim plan management funds from improved life choices same as your current plan manager.
- Your current plan manager will stop processing and paying invoices, now it will be your new plan manger’s responsibility to process, pay invoices, and comply with the NDIS rules and regulation
It is your plan manager’s responsibility to warn you regarding overspend and under spend of your NDIS plan funds. If you think you required extra funds to maintain your disability services please fill out change of situation form as soon as you are aware.
Ye if you are self-managing your NDIS plan. However, you have to follow rules and regulations of NDIS and keep all the records of your invoices. You have to justify the claim that you have processed when NDIS asked you to provide proof in the Audit Process.
Do you know that you will get Plan Managers funding on top of your approved plan funding? So why bothering self-managed your NDIS plan?
Call My Care Plan Manger for your plan management needs today!!
Are you ready to get the most out of your funds and are unsure where to begin? Then look no further, we are here to support you. Get in touch with us today.
- Access on your fingertips
- 24✕7 access
- Contact us for obligation free consultation
- Why to bother self-managed your NDIS plan?
- Registered NDIS Plan Manager
- Remote Services Available
- Offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth
- NDIS Expert
- Trusted Plan Manager
- Providing Services Australia wide